If you are looking for a wireless IP camera, you are going to have many different ones to choose from. The first step in looking for a camera is to make a list of the things that you want the camera to accomplish. The following article will give you some tips to do to keep your home safe while you are on vacation.
We all like to go on vacation from time to time. Before going on vacation, there are a few simple precautions that you yourself can make in order to make your home less attractive to burglars or would be thieves.
- You need to make sure that your outdoor lighting illuminates all entrances to your home
- Make sure you have a wireless IP camera in your home and monitor it
- You need to cut back all shrubbery in order to discourage burglars or would be thieves from hiding near window and doors
- You need to keep windows and doors locked at all times
- You need to make sure that the garage door is closed and locked
- You should install a peephole in your front door
- All windows in the home should be secured with auxiliary locks
- Sliding glass doors should be secured with auxiliary locks, which are available at all local home improvement stores, which can prevent your sliding glass doors from being lifted from their tracks during a burglary attempt
- Deadbolt locks should be used on all exterior doors
- Do not hide or store keys or tools outside, thinking that they are going to be hidden from would be burglars
- Make sure to let trusted friends and neighbors know that would are going to be away on vacation
- Do not post on different social media outlets to the world that you are going on vacation; wait until you get back to post your photos of your family vacation trip
- Make it look like your home is being occupied when it is not
- Attach timers to lights and television sets and set them to turn on and off at different times of the day and night
- When on vacation, you need to have your newspaper and mail held or picked up by a friend or neighbor (you do not want to have an overloaded mailbox or lots of newspapers or miscellaneous shipments piling up on the front door step)
- Disconnect automatic garage door openers when on vacation
- Open some of the drapes and blinds on your windows when on vacation because during daytime hours it will give the appearance that someone is home and during the evening hours, the lights inside the house are going to be more visible
- Mention to your local police department that you are going on vacation and ask if they will periodically drive by (many will do this) – also make sure to let them when you are planning on returning and give them an emergency contact telephone number
It is very important that you and your family go on vacation from time to time, just in order to refresh. Before you go, always make sure you follow the above tips, such as installing a wireless IP camera.
Source: Click Here